Re: Sid and Xorg

Sven Arvidsson wrote:
On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 09:12 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
  OK  did it all, driver is now intel, sync rates commented out and all
sub-sections display removed.

 Xrandr now reports the proper number of videomodes available and will
switch back and forth, however I do lose  the Icewm toolbar if I switch
to a different resolution, but that's no problem. The system however
boots into a lower resolution, and I have to use Xrandr in my Icewm
startup files to set 1280x960. Bit of a pain but a big improvement.

Thanks also to Andrew Sackville-West for his ideas and suggestions. I
suspect, in the words of Jack Nicholson, this is as good as it gets :)

Why do you say that? If it's a regression from the prior release it
should be reported as such.
You should probably file a bug against the driver package, or directly
with Xorg on https://bugs.freedesktop.org

You're right. It is a regression and the workarounds are a pain. Bug filed.

Cheers

Frank