Re: Sid and Xorg

On Friday 04 May 2007 17:50, fmccormick wrote:
> My last update was for the Xorg and associated video drivers...and now I can't get 1280x960 on my screen. That was my preferred resolution before the update.
>
> I have had a look at the bug database, and Googled the problem but there doesn't **seem** to be anyone else with the same problem.
>
> I fully realize of course that Debian warns you that running Sid means you get to keep both pieces when something breaks...but is there anybody else with this problem and are there any workarounds?

Backup /etc/X11/xorg.conf and run dpkg-reconfigure:
# dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
Select all the defaults, unless you wish to change something, and when the resolution choice shows up, see if your desired resolution (1280x960) is listed. If so, make sure you check it.

Continue until reconfiguration is finished.

Open up /etc/X11/xorg.conf and make sure that the default (which is the first entry) resolution is your desired one. Make sure to look at all the available color depths since each one has its own list.

Restart Xorg.

Offtopic, but I noticed your signature has 6 blank lines before it. One line should be enough.

Cheers!