Re: Since chvt works, the problem must be the keymap [SOLVED]
- To: Andrew Sackville-West <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Since chvt works, the problem must be the keymap [SOLVED]
- From: Amy Templeton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 00:26:29 -0400
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20070504032655.GC28211@localhost.localdomain> (Andrew Sackville-West's message of "Thu\, 3 May 2007 20\:26\:56 -0700")
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070430102118.GA4691@localhost> <email@example.com> <20070501114321.GA7861@localhost> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070502132735.GA28194@localhost> <email@example.com> <20070503200942.GA8811@localhost> <20070504032655.GC28211@localhost.localdomain>
Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 10:09:42PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 00:41:32 +0100, David Claughton wrote:
> > > Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > > > I am afraid it is time to start grasping at straws now:
> > >> - try "gb" instead of "uk" for XkbLayout
> > >
> > > Well, would you believe it - that fixed the problem!
> > >
> > > I still can't quite believe it was as simple as that.
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot for your help :-)
> > Well, in retrospect it is obvious that we should have had a good look at
> > your xorg.conf and your logfile first. You joined this thread when we
> > were already completely fixated on solving the ultimate mystery of the
> > keysyms and therefore we could not see the forest for the tress anymore,
> > I guess.
> is Amy still lurking on this thread??? is there something
> missing in your xorg.conf?
I'm still around. I guess you missed my quick workaround the
other day (thanks to the magics of xbindkeys, sudo, and
chvt). However, if there is an alternative to "us" that you
think might fix the problem if given as an argument to
"XkbLayout," I'd certainly be glad to try it. GB settings
are somewhat useless to me, I'm afraid, since I'm from the
US. Thanks, though.
P.S.: When did the thread title get changed, anyway? I
guess I missed that.