Re: ibm T40 and xorg.conf

On Tuesday 01 May 2007 19:33, Wayne Topa wrote:
[snip]
> Ok, lets see.  Here are all of the Xorg packages I have installed on
> my T40.
>
> xserver-xorg
> xserver-xorg-core
> xserver-xorg-input-evdev
> xserver-xorg-input-kbd
> xserver-xorg-input-mouse
> xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
> xserver-xorg-video-ati
> xserver-xorg-video-vesa
>
> If you have all of them loaded then try aptitude and search for these
> packages,  If one has a dependancy required, aptitude should show it.
>
> aptitude -f install  might just pick up what you are missing as well.
> Worth a try anyway.
>
> Wayne

If aptitude -f doesn't figure things out, try editing the potentially corrupt
CD-ROM out of your sources.list, and just use a Internet mirror. Then run
apt-get install --reinstall PACKAGES.

Once you have them 100% for sure installed correctly, run dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xorg and see where that leaves.

--
Please do not use HTML mail for fully-textual messages.
Matthew K Poer <matthewpoer@gmail.com>