Re: ibm T40 and xorg.conf

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 03:40:37PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

> If you have xserver-xorg-input-mouse installed, you have a problem

installed already

> with the InputDevice section of your xorg.conf.  Now I found plenty of
> examples on Google, but to save you time, here's mine.
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "CorePointer"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
> EndSection

done, same error :-(

> You also need to install
> xserver-xorg-input synaptics    (touchpad)
> xserver-xorg-video-ati          (ATI Display Driver)
> and/or
> xserver-xorg-video-vesa (in case the ati package doesn't work for you)

all done.

> Thats about it.

I am worried that I am still missing something.

When doing the installation, just after the part where installer
configures apt, I got an error.  dmesg reported that the cdrom could
not be opened, this was despite the fact that I had told the installer
that I wanted to use http:debian.uk only.

I had to choose and install packages thereafter "manually", using aptitude.

Thanks again.

Joe.