Re: ibm T40 and xorg.conf

debian(debian@benburb.demon.co.uk) is reported to have said:
> On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 03:40:37PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
>
> > If you have xserver-xorg-input-mouse installed, you have a problem
>
> installed already
>
> > with the InputDevice section of your xorg.conf.  Now I found plenty of
> > examples on Google, but to save you time, here's mine.
> >
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
> >         Driver          "mouse"
> >         Option          "CorePointer"
> >         Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
> >         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
> > EndSection
>
> done, same error :-(
>
> > You also need to install
> > xserver-xorg-input synaptics    (touchpad)
> > xserver-xorg-video-ati          (ATI Display Driver)
> > and/or
> > xserver-xorg-video-vesa (in case the ati package doesn't work for you)
>
> all done.
>
> > Thats about it.
>
> I am worried that I am still missing something.

Ok, lets see.  Here are all of the Xorg packages I have installed on
my T40.

xserver-xorg
xserver-xorg-core
xserver-xorg-input-evdev
xserver-xorg-input-kbd
xserver-xorg-input-mouse
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
xserver-xorg-video-ati
xserver-xorg-video-vesa

If you have all of them loaded then try aptitude and search for these
packages,  If one has a dependancy required, aptitude should show it.

aptitude -f install  might just pick up what you are missing as well.
Worth a try anyway.

Wayne

--
Windows is NOT a virus. Viruses DO something.