RE: Lost Internet Access

I said I'd tell you what I discovered ... well I've discovered one can't
take short cuts in doing an OS Install ... :O(

Tried to leave the \home folder alone and just over write the \ folders as I
have these on separate hard drives and it took me 20 minutes to figure out
how to get that setup the last time I did the NetInst. It takes about 2
hours to download and install all the packages with my DSL connection, so
thought I would save some time and also it would let me know if I had a
failure in the future if I could preserve the user files. It got almost to
the very end and then failed to install the Desktop packages for some reason
and using PING I found I still had the same problem as before, internal
addresses are OK, but external ones are a no-go ... :O(

So I'll remove the partitions and format the drives and start all over again

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2:57 PM