Re: webhttrack. start please

somethin2cool wrote:
> Joe Hart wrote:

> Yes, you're right.  But from the user perspective they do the same
> thing.  IIRC, a shortcut is a file that has a .lnk extension that points
> to another file.  Kind of ironic that it uses .lnk.
>
> In any event, I am getting quite tired of answering something2cool.  If
> there was anyone that needed to RTFM I would think it would be him.
> Now, I have never told anyone to do that, and have been quite patient so
> far, but if I see one more rant from him I will add him to my kill file
> list so I won't have to read any more of them.
>
> Joe
>

> and that is exaclty why the interface is underdeveloped. because you
> take any criticism to heart and chose to ignore / forget it, rather than
> do something about it.

> The fact is that I will fix all these things myself as I learn the OS.
> The other fact is that you've all been using it for years and haven't
> bothered.

> Then I'll release a distro, and it will be praised

Now that is the right attitude.  By all means, make your own
distribution.  Make another Ubuntu or PCLOS.  We don't mind.  Some of us
 might even want to try it.  I'll even point you to a place where you
can get a jump start.  Dreamlinux and their MKDistro utility.

http://www.dreamlinux.com.br/english/saiba-tutor.html

But you're barking up the wrong tree if you think we are supposed to do
something like fix things.  This is the Debian-Users list, not the
Debian-Devel list.  They are the ones that fix things.  You can also
take your criticism to the developers of the programs that you think
need improving.

This list is for helping people who need help (like you need with your
sluggish system) and for user discussion.

Joe

- --