Re: webhttrack. start please

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 09:03:33PM +0100, somethin2cool wrote:

> and that is exaclty why the interface is underdeveloped. because you
> take any criticism to heart and chose to ignore / forget it, rather than
> do something about it.
>
> The fact is that I will fix all these things myself as I learn the OS.
> The other fact is that you've all been using it for years and haven't
> bothered.
>
> Then I'll release a distro, and it will be praised

Except that no GUI or desktop environment can be all things to all
people.  If it were possible, then KDE and GNOME would just merge and
release one super desktop.

The fact that you think you can fix all these "deficiencies" yourself
shows quite a bit of arrogance.  I don't mean to say that it is not
possible to fix them.  Rather, lots of extremely smart people have put
tremendous amounts of thought and effort into the desktop environments
that you see on the average Linux system.  They have thought of most
everything at some point or another.  That doesn't mean it is not
possible for you to do what you claim, just that the bar has been set
very high.  Good luck.

Regards,

-Roberto

--