Re: Administration (+apt-get dist-upgrade) of 100s of machines

If you have 100's of machines all in production or atleast all having to be
kept to the same package setup.

why not setup yor own repo (and extend it to your down release) could
correspond to your SOE, when it comes time to update, go through the testing
phase, once your happy with all the new packages move them into the SOA or
alternatively create a new SOA. Do either a dist-upgrade automatically (should
be no fear as you have run all those tests) or nightly do a update

Alex