Re: Really annoying! Volume % window that won't go away. After etch upgrade.

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 22:13 -0400, A. F. Cano wrote:
> Good call!  After searching blindly for a while, it turned out that
> Kmilo, the KDE special key notifier was running.  Unselecting the
> check box in the KDE control center->KDE components->Service Manager
> got rid of the annoying window.  Now I need to figure out how to
> configure it properly for the 8600 extra keys.  A quick google search
> has turned out a total lack of documention on kmilo.

The information on this page seems to indicate that you need to
configure the keycodes in Xmodmap first. The page is rather out of date
so it might not be necessary. I'm sure a KDE user can give better
advice.
http://www.kde.me.uk/index.php?page=kmilo

For Dell laptops, I think you need the i8k module loaded for the special
keys to work. You might also need the i8kutils package.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson