Re: schroot leaving sessions behind

Wackojacko wrote:
> Anton Piatek wrote:
>> Hi, I set up a basic schroot environment to run a couple of 32 bit
>> apps on my amd64 box. The problem is that when the program exits
>> schroot leaves all its session data behind, mount points and all (so
>> `mount` returns a hell of a lot of entries)
>>
>> schroot is being called as follows
>> `ls -l myprogram`
>>     myprogram -> do_schroot
>> `cat do_schroot`
>>     exec schroot -p -c sid32 -q -- "`basename $0`" "$@"
>> So when I run `myprogram` schroot runs it for me in a 32bit env. My
>> question is, what should I change to make sure that schroot uses as
>> few sessions as possible and closes them when done?
>>
>> Anton
>>
> <snip large amount of chroots>
>
> Anton
>
> I had a similar problem when I first switched to schroot from dchroot.
> In my case it turned out to be a problem with the way was launching
> the  program in the chroot.  I originally used wrapper scripts, which
> for some reason didn't terminate when the program they had launched
> terminated, and therefore kept the session open.
>
> It may help if you could give us more information on what myprogram
> does, and how it is launched, in the chroot?
>
> In any case you could try
> #schroot -e --all-sessions
>
> to kill the existing processes.

mypgrogram is one of: skype, bibblepro (photo editor), firefox (to have
32bit flash). I am sure there are a few others.
Normally I close them down, but often I will just shut down the
computer, maybe that causes it?
If i use -e --all-sessions will that not kill a running program in
another schroot?

Anton

--
email: anton@piatek.co.uk