Re: Really annoying! Volume % window that won't go away. After etch upgrade.

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 02:11:32PM +0200, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 21:05 -0400, A. F. Cano wrote:
> > The most annoying and urgent is that on login with kdm, a window
> > pops up right in the middle of the screen (quite large too) with
> > "Volume" in extremely large letters and a % status bar which
> > remains at 0 no matter what I do with the mixer volume control.
>
> I haven't used KDE, so this is just a guess, it sounds like the kind of
> window that pops up if you use the multimedia keys commonly found on
> some keyboards.
>
> If you have such keys, maybe something keeps one of them pressed down,
> or something thinks it is being pushed down?

Good call!  After searching blindly for a while, it turned out that
Kmilo, the KDE special key notifier was running.  Unselecting the
check box in the KDE control center->KDE components->Service Manager
got rid of the annoying window.  Now I need to figure out how to
configure it properly for the 8600 extra keys.  A quick google search
has turned out a total lack of documention on kmilo.

Thanks for replying!

A.