Re: mixing syanptic and aptitude

Celejar wrote:

> It's more powerful and can do anything that apt-get can

What are the aptitude equivalents of

sudo apt-get build-dep texmacs
apt-get source grep

> , and in my experience, Synaptic's
> GUI doesn't add much value, and you can use aptitude in interactive
> mode.

I like synaptic's GUI much better than aptitude's ncurses interface. If I
want to see all the packages whose names start with vim, In synaptic all I
do is type vim. I could not find a simple way of doing this in aptitude.
For me, the default menu structure is too cumbersome to traverse. I am not
trying to berate aptitude here, just highlighting some of my
inconveniences.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi