Re: GPL v3?

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 21:20 +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 10:36:28 AM -0400, Greg Folkert
> (greg@gregfolkert.net) wrote:
>
> > I am both for and against the GPLv3. I am all for updating it, but
> > the wording and additional restrictions are appalling, none the
> > least the motivations for updating it, and now the attitude RMS has
> > against any "Interviewer" questioning the process and contents is
> > exceptionally appalling.
> >
> > Especially when interviewed by one of the GPLv3's biggest openly for
> > it supporter.
>
> Sorry, which interview and supporter? Links? I really missed this one.

Pamela Jones and Groklaw, she is supporting it, mainly on the belief of
"patents bad" standing.

I say "Patents BAD" only if they are used for keeping progress from
happening. "Patents GOOD" if they are used to promote the industry and
are freely usable... like Patent pledges and giving Patents to the OIN
or other similar organizations.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup