Simplest way to reconstruct /etc/rc?.d

I had a hard drive glitch that seems to have screwed up some of the /etc/rc?.d links. The /etc/init.d area is fine, but lots of services are no longer coming up automatically. I can fix them one at a time with:

dpkg-reconfigure xdm

replacing xdm with whatever package I've noticed needs to be redone. But I'd rather just set them all to their defaults, which is what this system uses anyway. Is there an easy way to do that, instead of trying to figure out what's broken and fixing it one by one?

Thanks.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Assistant Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
New Book: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/hfs.cgi/00/178592.ctl