Re: lm-sensors k8temp kernel module for Etch

On April 4, 2007 10:39:31 am Siju George wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While Installing lm-sensors package on my Etch using
>
> 2.6.18-4-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Mar 26 11:36:53 CEST 2007 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> kernel. I got the following message

> To make the sensors modules behave correctly, add these lines to
> /etc/modules:
>
> #----cut here----
> # I2C adapter drivers
> i2c-piix4
> # Chip drivers
> lm85
> eeprom
> # Warning: the required module k8temp is not currently installed
> # on your system. For status of 2.6 kernel ports check
> # http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices. If driver is built
> # into the kernel, or unavailable, comment out the following line.
> k8temp
> #----cut here----
>
> From
>
> http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices
>
> it seems "k8temp" is builtinto the kernel only from version "2.6.19"
>
> As my kernel is "2.6.18-4-amd64 " is there any way to install this driver?
>
> Thankyou so much
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Siju

Get the source (1) for the module follow the instructions on building it, you
will need to have the kernel headers installed for your kernel for the build
command to work properly. Once you have the k8temp.ko you can either keep
using the insmod k8temp on every boot to load or simply copy the the .ko file
to the /lib/modules/2.6.18-4-amd64/kernel/drivers/hwmon/k8temp.ko and run
depmod -a then put k8temp on a line by itself in your /etc/modules as
suggested above and it will be loaded on every boot.

(1) http://assembler.cz/download/amd_digital_temp.tar.gz

Stephen

--
GPG Pubic Key: http://users.eastlink.ca/~stephencormier/publickey.asc