Re: What do I use to reconfigure the network /after/ initial install on Etch?

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 05:47:43PM +0200, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 17:07 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > And WHY should Debian "care" about missing Manpages?
> >
> > It is the Upstream which should provide Documentation for tools
> > otherwise they will be useless.  I see it only as friendly
> > "geste" if a Distribution like Debian create Manpages!
>
> Actually, manpages are dictated by the policy.

If tar is considered 'upsteam' then only the kernel is downstream.
Surely Debian should care about the quality of the man pages for
everything, especially in base debs.

However, I suppose its a catch-22.  If the policy said that the base
utils had to have full man pages or else they wouldn't be included in
Debian, then I guess Debian wouldn't be unless it changed from Debian/GNU
Linux to Debian/Open BSD.

Doug.