Re: What do I use to reconfigure the network /after/ initial install on Etch?

Joe Hart wrote:

Some files (/etc/dchp3/dhclient.conf for example) are very well
commented, others (/etc/network/interfaces) are not.  IMO, it would be
best if all config files were well commented, especially ones that may
need to be edited.

As far as standardizing conffile documentation, I would settle for a man page for each conffile (like BSD). Your example, /etc/network/interfaces has an excellent man page, while others don't exist (e.g. ld.so.conf).

Lack of, or outdated, man pages seems to be an increasing problem in Debian.