Re: What do I use to reconfigure the network /after/ initial install on Etch?

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 04:32:33PM -0400, Marty wrote:

> Lack of, or outdated, man pages seems to be an increasing problem in Debian.

Yesterday there was a question on tar so I thought I'd read the man
page.  Turns out there's only a basic man page and the full tar docs
aren't DFSG compatible anymore and it points me to a web site.  FOR TAR!
Just imagine that I'm trying to restore a toasted system and need to
brush up on CLI tar and I don't have a web browser working yet.

I think this licencing problem is going to become critical at some
point.  I'm firmly in Debian's camp on this and am just waiting for the
fine GNU people to put some invarient sections on actual code not just
docs.  I know, code is under GPL not GFDL, for now.

Does Debian have a long-range or contingincy plan for this?

Doug.