Re: web browser choices

Joe Hart wrote:

judd@wadsworth.org wrote:
On 23 Mar, Joe Hart wrote:

Well, i have no clue how udev is working. i remember in some old days
i had to do some mknod with some magic numbers, but now it really
should be handled by some udev. i have it running, even restarted it,
but still no signs of /dev/fb*
framebuffer is not a device in that respect. /dev/fb* is reffering to
a floppy drive.  What links is telling you is it can't find the
framebuffer in your video card.  I don't know how to fix that issue,
but I thought I would clarify for you that it isn't the floppy that
it's looking for.

     Wouldn't that be /dev/fd* for floppies?

-Chris
duh!  stupid me.  I'm still right about the frambuffer being in the
video card though.

Joe

Yes, it is in the video card, but it's accessed through the /dev/fb* 'files', in the same way that /dev/hda1 is in my HDD and yet it is accessed through that 'file'.

Cassiano