Re: web browser choices

Atis wrote:
On 3/20/07, Cassiano Leal <cleal@via-rs.net> wrote:
[snip]
Yeah, I really love the fact that I can run 'links2 -g' from the
console, no need for X. And it looks beautiful on my old laptop's
framebuffer!

Cassiano

I knew that a long time ago, but just now tried. It says that can't
find framebuffer device, and its true - i don't have /dev/fb0. Any
clue what kernel module i need for that? I tried loading intelfb, but
i guess just loading won't create a device for me.

Regards,
Atis

Hmm... I had this problem before. Unfortunatelly, the solution I found was to compile a kernel with framebuffer support built in it, not as a module.

I'm sure you can do it without recompiling, through some 'mknod' kind of magic. Can't help you there, though. If you need help compiling your own kernel, I can give you some hints.

Cheers
Cassiano