Re: web browser choices

> I'm sure you can do it without recompiling, through some 'mknod' kind of
> magic. Can't help you there, though. If you need help compiling your own
> kernel, I can give you some hints.
But nowadays, with things like udev, it its perfectly possible that the
device will be created simply by loading a module, is it not?

Well, i have no clue how udev is working. i remember in some old days
i had to do some mknod with some magic numbers, but now it really
should be handled by some udev. i have it running, even restarted it,
but still no signs of /dev/fb*

Regards,
Atis