Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 07:29:47AM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 06:34:20AM -0400, Michael Pobega wrote:
>
> > I didn't mean "seemed" in a way that I didn't know. I actually went to
> > the forums everyday, and there WAS at least three topics about
> > dist-upgrades breaking going from Dapper to Edgy, or Edgy to Feisty.
> > Dist-upgrades to break here, but we hear about them maybe once a week.
> >
> > I am 100% SURE that Ubuntu's dist-upgrade breaks more often than
> > Debian's, and I am certain that the number is 75% or so (Give or take
> > a bit, 75% is an estimation, not a number written into stone).
>
> You're "SURE" but you have no actual data, is the problem.

Like I said though, I'm not giving cold hard facts. The 75% is from my
time on the forums and from what I've seen, I shouldn't /have/ to give
anyone actual data. If you want to believe what I say good, I mean you
believe your politicians when they tell you things but for all you
know they could be lying (Note: Don't go OT with this, I'm just making
a point). And if you don't want to believe me then don't, /I/ don't
care what you think, /I'm/ just trying to get /my/ point across in
what /I've/ seen in /my/ experience.