Re: Running Debian with kernel from other distro....

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 06:46:10PM +0100, Joe Hart wrote:

> I agree with you, but I can tell you why that is so.  Most companies
> don't trust things that come for volunteer organizations.  The attitude
> of many people is "it's worth what you pay for it", which means that
> free software has no value to them.  The attitude is quite prelevant in
> the western world where capitalism has a strong firmhold.

Which is of course *hilarious*.  Of course those people fail to realize
that the Internet runs on a protocol stack that was designed by a bunch
of academics and college students.  The reference implementation of
which is still probably one of the most pervasive pieces of software in
any network-connected machine today.

Anytime somebody tells me that "free => worthless", I immediately lose a
great deal of respect for that person.  Not to say that you can't get
really good stuff by paying lots of money.  Just that there is little or
no correlation between the price of a piece of software and its quality.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez