Re: perl cpan cc: command not found

Jeff Chimene wrote:
Hi,

While running cpan certain modules don't get built.
   sh: cc: command not found

I know this isn't true:

ls /usr/bin/gcc -lat
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 May 22 2006 /usr/bin/gcc -> /etc/alternatives/gcc

I'm wondering if the debian-alternatives system is interfering here?

I've tried
   alias cc=gcc
I figured it out. update /etc/perl/CPAN/Config.pm
   'make_arg' => q[CC=/usr/bin/gcc LD=/usr/bin/gcc]

This works w/ debian-alternatives. I think it's also possible to add the "cc" command using debian-alternatives.
in /root/.bashrc but no joy

CPAN seems my only alternative to keeping up w/ Catalyst developments. Updates aren't moving to Debian, and I had /significant/ problems
installing Catalyst from the Debian version.

How do others manage Debian vs. CPAN?