Re: Sound on Linux?

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 03:52:46PM +0100, Raffaele Morelli wrote:

> no isa-pnp module to load...
> ... I think you need some isa related tool to deal with this card or an
> isa
> capable kernel, i.e. recompile with isa support flag turned on.
> I don't want to mislead you but I would go this way.

Ken -- keep on plugging away... you're getting closer.

so we know the sound card works because your cat /dev/random >
/dev/audio worked.

If you could, 'killall artsd' and try that aplay command again. See what happens.

If you are getting sound from that card using the cat, then I'm not
sure you need the isa stuff as the card is working and the kernel is
sending sound to it.

I suspect the problem is, as mentioned previously, artsd is getting in
the way. Your sound apps may be efaulting to alsa output with artsd
running and that causes a conflict.

So, please try the above and report back.