Re: Bug in acroread?

Joe Hart wrote:

My position comes from the fact that companies try to push their
proprietary formats down our throats.  PDF is a perfect example of a
file type that I have disliked since I moved to Europe where the paper
format is different than the US.  With PDF files, one cannot change the
paper format.  I end up with empty space on the pages or images that are
distorted.  Some pdf files that I have downloaded are set for some
really strange paper (brochure perhaps) that of course I don't have.

This is a limitation of the tools, not the file format.

There is no such problem with other files.  Unfortunately, PDF has
become a standard.  Luckily there are gpl tools that can handle them,
but I don't think you can thank adobe for that.

Yes, you can. The format is proprietary, but published, and they
don't charge licensing fees, unlike GIF, for example.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.