Re: ACL support via NFS

On 09/03/2007 18:10, Florian Kulzer wrote:

I don't know any details, but from a quick grep through the Debian
changelog in Sid I get the impression that there might be an additional
ACL patch that you have to apply if you compile yourself. Here are the

Uh... I'm afraid you (both) are right.

I hope this helps. (You did not mention if you built from the Debian or
from the upstream sources. I would expect that the newest Debian
sources have the second patch applied already.)

I built from the latest official stable rsync sources from the official rsync home page, if this means "upstream". Could I build and install the Debian Etch/Sid sources on Sarge? How should I proceed?

Anyway, in the meantime I came up with a rather obvious solutions I wish I had thought about hours ago: I can copy all data without ACLs via NFS or rsync or else, and then backup the ACLs alone using getfacl and setfacl:

getfacl -R <dirtree> >aclbackup (on the source machine)
setfacl --restore=aclbackup (on the destination machine)

--
Ciao,
  Marco.