Re: ACL support via NFS

On 09/03/2007 15:50, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

Why aren't you trying rsync?

From man rsync:
    -A, --acls             preserve ACLs (implies -p) [non-standard]

Indeed, in my previous post (which still has not reached gmane) I wrote that I tried rsync and it did not preserve ACLs... but I then looked at the man pages and discovered that option; the problem is that it's a new option, and the Sarge rsync does not support it :-/. It has to be supported on both sides to work. I'll now see if I can make it by installing the more recent rsync from backports, it's just one version behind the Etch one.

--
Ciao,
  Marco.