Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 12:25:38PM -0500, judd@wadsworth.org wrote:
> On  8 Mar, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
>
> > response to sick patients?  The first is impossible as they already
> > have 100% of the market, the second already a problem they are aren't
> > responding to now.
> >

>     I've heard that the Canadian government is trying to address the
> delays in the system, which are, IIRC, mostly for elective procedures.
> I have no idea how well they're succeeding.

Well, IIRC, the Canadian healthcare system classifies many things which
are generally not considered to be elective as elective procedures (like
total hip replacement).  Someone else already posted the numbers in this
thread, but IIRC the average wait is like 4 weeks in the US and 18 or 24
months in Canada.

Regards,

-Roberto

--