Re: Debian Installation on a cybercafe PC

Thanks for the concern and warning though. I didn't take it
negatively. Just that I haven't seen a Linux installation corrupting
the other OS.

The worst that could happen is what? Partitions getting deleted or is
there anything else more devasting and disastrous and unrecoverable?

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.

Well if you have the trust and permission of the owner, go for it! I was
only concerned with the possibility of not being to fix the MBR, which
is what I meant by not being able to restore Windows. (note I am not
questioning your abilities, just being extra precautions).

As far as USB Drive that will boot into Linux, DSL (Demo-Sized
Linux/Damn Small Linux) is a Knoppix-Based LiveCD that is 50 megabytes
in size, and is thusly very lightweight and efficient. It can also be
put on a USB drive if a computer's BIOS support booting in that way.

--
Matthew K Poer