Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
It turns out that when you add the mass of the matter in the universe ...

It is my understanding that physicists don't know how much matter is in the universe. They don't see enough to account for what's needed in their cosmological theories, and therefore they throw in some magic fairy dust called "dark matter". The reason they call it "dark" is because they can't see it, but it _must_ be there in order for their theories to work.

Note that I'm not saying dark matter does not exist; I'm merely saying that they really don't know how much matter is in the universe.

--
Kent West
http://kentwest.blogspot.com <http://kentwest.blogspot.com/>