Re: A Republican!!!!!! (was Re: OT: sponge burning!)

Kent West wrote:

> Ron Johnson wrote:
>> But coal is less oogey-boogey scary [than nuclear].
>>
>> Besides, the power (a *LOT* of power) has to come from *somewhere*,
>> on a *large* industrial scale.  Especially over in China, where coal
>> and auto pollution is hundreds of times worse than in the West.
>>

> I'm expecting solar power to become practical in the next three years or
> so. At least, that's what the press-releases tell me to think ;-)

One thing I have to give California credit for is that their government
tries to use solar power as much as possible.  The problem is the exposure
most people have to this is overpriced pay showers at campgrounds that
offer no hot water if it's not a sunny day...