Re: OT: sponge burning!

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 04:41:44AM +0000, s. keeling wrote:
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
> >
> >  On 02/24/07 16:51, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > > On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 01:52:56PM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >  [snip]
> > > Here is an idea.  Why don't voters just make it a point to only elect
> > > military vets or retirees to federal public office?
> >
> >  /Starship Troopers/, anyone?  The political theory in the
> >  beginning of the book is very interesting.  And, of course, R.H.
> >  was a Navy vet.
> >
> >  (Yes, I know that your suggestion is not what Heinlein wrote in
> >  ST, but it's close enough.)
>
> John Kerry.     # aka political washout.  Served with distinction
>                 # (last I heard).
>
> George Bush II  # Served, well sort of, National Guard, was
>                 # elected (kinda, sorta) Pres.
>
> Hillary Clinton # Ha!  Chyaa, right.  Ha, ha, haaa, ha, haaa!
>
> Obama           # Uh ...  Seems a decent sort, though.
>

> How about electing only people who've had nothing to do with
> invading innocent bystanders?

You're ruling out one of the main candidates in the 2008 election;
Rudolph Gullianni. As far as I know he has had nothing to do with any
wars.

And if you remember anything about 9/11 he was the most supportive
government official, he aided 80% of the families affected by 9/11.

I'm rambling though, and probably a little biased since I'm a
Republican.