Re: OT: sponge burning!

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 01:40:07PM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> I grew up in the Air Force. The Air Force was pretty cool. A much
> different esprit de corps then what I've heard of the other
> branches. It is definitely a different animal -- much higher incoming
> ASVAB scores for example. Also, their combat troops are officers
> (pilots) which has got to have a serious positive affect on the morale
> of the enlisted. The enlisted are supporting their bosses so the bosses
> can go put their asses on the line. That said, some of those pilots
> were serious jerks though...

You know the difference between the Air Force and the other services?

In the Navy, the captain of the ship gathers all the enlsited sailors on
deck before going in to battle.  He gives them a pep talk and finishes
up with "Give 'em hell sailors!"

In the Marines, the officer gathers up all the enlisted Marines before
going in to battle.  He gives them a pep talk and finishes up with "Give
'em hell Marines!"

In the Army, the officer gathers up all the enlisted soldiers before
going in to battle.  He gives them a pep talk and finishes up with "Give
'em hell soldiers!"

In the Air Force, the enlisted airmen gather together before the battle,
they sit the officer in the airplane and they finish up with "Give 'em
hell sir!"

Thanks.  I'll be here all week.

Regards,

-Roberto