Re: We need an off-topic list (was Re: REALLY OT: News Flash)

Tyler MacDonald wrote:
Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> wrote:

But does a debian-user-ot (or whatever) mailing list need to be hosted
at debian.org?

  I think so; otherwise off-topic stuff will still end up in the help
list... and having there be a officially sanctioned "general discussion"
will continue to promote a debian community.

  Thanks for the mailing list link... I'm going to put together a proper
proposal sometime in the next few days for a "debian-help" mailing list, and
suggest that the "Help and" be dropped from the debian-user list at the same
time.

While you're busy restarting that flame war again, why not also
ressurect the one asking for so-called header munging, so people can
just reply like to other lists, instead of having to reply-all and then
delete the OP?

:->

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.