Re: OT: sponge burning!

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 02:00:09PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Ask a pro-lifer whether she'd euthanize a pregnant cat.
>
> > Then you'll know when she *really* thinks life begins.
>
>     They'll hedge it by saying that a cat is not human.
>
>     No, the real question is how many pro-lifers have ever gotten artificial
> insemination to help the ol' baby factory along?  Then there's no willy-nilly
> about it.  ;)
>
>     Never quite understood why when a woman gets pregnant it's God's will and
> we shouldn't mess with it but when the man or woman are incapable of bearing
> child they turn to science to fix God's will that they not have children...

Nice one. I have cousins who've gone through just that -- totally
pro-life, adamantly, virulently so. They've had  a couple kids,
had one ultimately die from some complicated horrible
birth-defect-disease and now they're trying to have more kids using
in-vitro. The contradictory hypocrisy of it all is amazing. Oh, and the
husband is a soldier in the army off to kill folks. Its just
amazing. Makes my head spin.