Re: OT: sponge burning!

On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 08:56 -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

> I find it funny that you think I am Democrat.  Besides, how else would
> characterize abortion?  The death penalty is state-sanctioned killing of
> capital offenders.  Combat is the state-sanctioned killing of the agents
> of a belligerent foreign power.  Murder is the unlawful killing of an
> innoccent (read: not belligerent to the state or criminal against it)
> person.  So, are babies considered capital offenders, enemy combatants
> or innocent?

a·bor·tion (ə-bôr'shən)
n.
1. a. Termination of pregnancy and expulsion of an embryo or of a fetus
that is incapable of survival.
   b. Any of various procedures that result in such termination and
expulsion. Also called induced abortion.
2. The premature expulsion of a nonviable fetus from the uterus; a
miscarriage.
3. Cessation of normal growth, especially of an organ or other body
part, prior to full development or maturation.
4. An aborted organism.
5. Something malformed or incompletely developed; a monstrosity.

Don't see anything about "murder" there.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions