Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

Dan H. wrote:
Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

When the Bible says something, I believe it.

Isn't that a bit silly? After all, the Bible is a collection of stories,
Also in support of that viewpoint .... what about all the other collection of stories. I'm notionally a Hindu, as in my parents and all their ancestors were. (I'm actually an atheist but try explaining that over here :) ). So we (about a billion of us, according to the census, that's about 1/6th of the world's population by the way) go for our 'stories' that all the universe was created by the Lord Brahma, it's maintainer is Lord Vishnu and the Lord Shiva's job is to destroy it someday by doing the 'Tandava', the 'Dance of Destruction'. Our culture is actually quite rich, wrt to stories, check out Hinduism on Wikipedia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism]. So you say that god never considered telling about 1/6th of the world's population of how he/she/it made the universe. And btw, Hinduism is not all, there is also Islam, Buddhism, Jainism and more with their own stories too ... Now doesn't the view that they all are wrong and Christanity's view is right seem a bit implausible. Doesn't the idea that 'The Bible' is another collection of stories and nothing more seem more likely. Of course this too is just another view but more viewpoints are always useful ... right?

-Vibhav Sharma