Re: Download cd-iso images

Emile van der Merwe wrote:

Hi,

I’m new to the linux environment, but would like to try it out for myself. I want to download the cd-iso images, but wanted to know if I have to download all 14 iso images under i386 directory?

If you want to try without installing, try the Debian Live CD available with a choice of desktops (Gnome is the default) available from http://live.debian.net/weekly-builds/current/i386/. You can find instructions at http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/How_to_try_out_Debian_GNU/Linux_without_installing_it

If you want to go ahead and install Debian with Gnome desktop and minimal software, you only need to download the ISO for the first CD in the set. You can find instructions at http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/How_to_download_Debian_GNU/Linux_installation_CD/DVDs_with_Jigdo

--
Chris.