Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Michael Pobega wrote:

> Off-topic from an off-topic thread? What an oxymoron.
>
> And yeah, teachers always say that we'll be switching to the metric
> system but it will never happen. I'm still in high school and my economics
> teacher says that all of the time.

I read in one of the textbooks (forget which one, sorry) that US actually
did try switching to kmph (kilometers per hour) from mph (miles per hour)
in regards to road signs etc., But then people had a hard time following
it. The government considered it as a failure and switched back. Someone
please correct me if I am wrong.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi