Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

Ron Johnson wrote:
> "What commandment is the foremost of all?" Jesus answered, "The
> foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; and you
> shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your
> soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' "The
> second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is
> no other commandment greater than these." (NAS, Mark 12:28-31)

Luke 14:26

If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and
children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my
disciple.

> "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so
> you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my
> disciples, if you love one another." (NIV, John 13:34-35)

    And as I said before to Roberto, if God's Law is perfect (as it says many
times in the NT and OT) and God's Law is expressed, at least in part, in the
OT then one must follow the OT.  Otherwise you're choosing the portions of the
Bible you want to follow and rejecting those you don't.

> 1. "God has always been."

> 2. "All matter/energy Just Appeared."

> Even I, an atheist, think that #2 is more fantastical.

    Really?  Why?  What is your answer to the regression problem?  To
terminate it one has to concede that something, somewhere, had to just exist.
 If it be a creator, then that creator just existed.  BTW, who's to say the
creator isn't matter/energy we've not discovered yet?  How does #2 get to be
more fantastical than #1 when they could be one and the same?

    Is it a perfect answer?  No.  Is it *the* answer.  No.  Is it simpler than
something more complex than all of creation just existing just so that all of
creation could be created so as to get around the just existing problem?  Yes.