Re: We need an off-topic list (was Re: REALLY OT: News Flash)

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 11:56:51PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 22:46:30 +0100
> Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> wrote:
> >
> > But does a debian-user-ot (or whatever) mailing list need to be hosted
> > at debian.org?
>
> According current policy there is no chance to get such a list. From
> your link above:
>
> [quote]
> [...] vanity or offtopic lists will not be created.
> [/quote]
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

That is understandable, but I think an off-topic list would be nice.
I think it would only be benefitial to have a place to talk about
off-topic things with other Debian users, especially when the
off-topic things have to do with Debian (Which none of today's do, but
oh well).

I don't know anyone from the Debian team, but maybe if someone knows
anyone they could shoot them an e-mail about this? It would be nice to
turn debian-user into a mainly OT list, and create another list
specifically for technical support.

I only use this list to talk about things Debian related, so all most
of these off-topic threads are doing is adding un-needed discussions
into my already stuffed mailbox.