Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 04:04:45PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 02/25/07 15:43, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> >>
> > Right.  I was a scout leader for a couple of years.  While *in some
> > places* hiking works, lots of places are simply to far from any decent
> > camp grounds to make hiking feasible.  Besides, at that point it really
> > becomes backpacking, which is an entirely different activity.  As far as
> > horses/mules, I'm not so sure.  I've ridden horses, but I would not
> > consider myself any expert rider by any stretch.  I would not feel safe
> > having unexperienced children riding horseback under my supervision.
> >
> > Besides, I camp much less frequently than most of the other things I
> > mentioned in my list.
>
> Wimp.  ;)

As cool as I think it would be to go out camping on horseback, I also
appreciate the legal liability.  If it is a place like Philmont, which
has the expert staff and the necessary insurance coverage, that is one
thing.  But for a weekend camping trip with the troop, it is another
thing entirely.

Regards,

-Roberto

--