Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 03:34:34PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 02/25/07 14:47, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 10:41:02AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >> Joe Hart wrote:
> [snip]
> >                                                     Or when you
> > want to go camping out in the middle of nowhere.
>
> Hike.  Or ride horses/mules.

Right.  I was a scout leader for a couple of years.  While *in some
places* hiking works, lots of places are simply to far from any decent
camp grounds to make hiking feasible.  Besides, at that point it really
becomes backpacking, which is an entirely different activity.  As far as
horses/mules, I'm not so sure.  I've ridden horses, but I would not
consider myself any expert rider by any stretch.  I would not feel safe
having unexperienced children riding horseback under my supervision.

Besides, I camp much less frequently than most of the other things I
mentioned in my list.

Regards,

-Roberto

--