Re: OT processes and cpu use

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 09:45:36AM -0500, Celejar wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 01:59:14 -0500
> Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 03:27:57PM -0500, Celejar wrote:
> > > On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 03:15:45 GMT
> > > Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> > >
> > > [snip]

> > > You could actually pipe the pdf through a pdf to text / html converter
> > > (e.g. poppler-utils or xpdf-utils) and use a TUI html browser (e.g.
> > > lynx, links, links2) from the cli.
> > You forgot one more thing: fb
> > I use fbi and fbgs. fbgs can 'view' ps and pdf.
>
> Cool. I had browsed through the archives lookng for a pdf reader that
> didn't depend on X but I missed 'fbi', presumably since I was using
> aptitude which searches only package names by default. Lazy, I know :).
> I notice now, however, that 'fbi' doesn't provide the virtual package
> 'pdf-viewer'; the only ones that do are 'evince', the xpdf packages,
> 'kpdf', 'gv', 'kghostview', and 'viewpdf'. Is this a bug in
> 'pdf-viewer'?
>
> Celejar
That's a good question. I've seem IIRC in the mailcap db different tests
for X and non-X but nothing for an FB environment. Because FB is not TUI
and not GUI. And I'm not sure of a test to use to check for it. So
many be it could be marked as 'Provides: pdf-viewer', but I'd expect
some confusion about it.
|   my keysever: subkeys.pgp.net |     my NPO: cfsg.org         |