Re: OT processes and cpu use

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 01:59:14 -0500
Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 03:27:57PM -0500, Celejar wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 03:15:45 GMT
> > Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > Actually, I do pop into firefox and xpdf once in a while to check a
> > > reference, which is not possible without X, but your point is well
> >
> > You could actually pipe the pdf through a pdf to text / html converter
> > (e.g. poppler-utils or xpdf-utils) and use a TUI html browser (e.g.
> > lynx, links, links2) from the cli.
> You forgot one more thing: fb
> I use fbi and fbgs. fbgs can 'view' ps and pdf.

Cool. I had browsed through the archives lookng for a pdf reader that
didn't depend on X but I missed 'fbi', presumably since I was using
aptitude which searches only package names by default. Lazy, I know :).
I notice now, however, that 'fbi' doesn't provide the virtual package
'pdf-viewer'; the only ones that do are 'evince', the xpdf packages,
'kpdf', 'gv', 'kghostview', and 'viewpdf'. Is this a bug in
'pdf-viewer'?

Celejar