Re: about audacity and sound recording on Linux

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

some normalization is obviously happening in the export to .wav. This
is not necessarily a bad thing, but if you want the un-normalised
data, you'll probably have to leave it in aud format until you get
aroundt to mixing/editing or whatever. Of course, you need to fix that
saturation/clipping situation anyway, so maybe its not really a
problem?

Yes, that clipping is the most serious concern at this time. The +-1 to +-0.5 is not much of a concern, only that I wasn't sure what was happening.

I am going to get the clipping removed next time I am down there.

Just an aside: the new version of Audacity, 1.3.2, is really a great improvement. It is only in Unstable yet, not in testing though.

->HS