Re: Ubuntu vs. Debian (was Re: Introduction)

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:17:41 -0500
Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 06:41:55PM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > Actually I am a bigger fan of lyx, but that's a hard sell for office fans.
>
> I'm just starting down the LaTex and Lyx road (from Lout since I want
> html output option).  Is there anything that you _can't_ do with Lyx
> that you can do with LaTex?

There is the occasional extreme fine tuning of the preamble issue for conference
papers (very rare) and it can be a bit difficult to collaborate with latex only
users (when I need to reincorporate changes into the document).

Note that anything that lyx doesn't know how to do directly can be done by
inserting a latex box. BTW these things get fewer and fewer by the
version.